Messi hardly ever rejected wage cuts, states Barcelona president Bartomeu
The Catalan club’s president denied there was clearly some unrest from the Argentine superstar over the monetary cuts designed to players’ salaries Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu said Lionel Messi agreed with pay cuts in the Liga champions, after the captain criticised senior club figures behind the scenes.
Barca confirmed a substantial wage cut to assist the club during the coronavirus pandemic, with players agreeing to decrease the salaries of theirs by as much as seventy per cent and creating additional monetary contributions to make certain all workers are ready to have home the complete value of the wages of theirs.
The information came following stories of a disagreement between senior Barca players and also club directors over the level of wage reduction, with Messi denying the squad turned on the proposal to lower salaries.
Editors’ Picks’Something broke inside my head’ – Sagna reveals truth behind Arsenal exit
The training secret key element to Ighalo’s early Man Utd success
Coronavirus chaos a new low in Jovic’s Real Madrid nightmare Man City’s Disney esque quest for world domination… in football and beyond
Bartomeu said Messi hardly ever opposed Barca’s choice to perform salary cuts, telling Sport: “Messi explained from day 1 that this reduction had being produced. ikea
“This proposal originated from the captains. It’s a gesture which demonstrates the commitment of theirs to the club.”
Messi issued a proclamation on behalf of the players on Monday, that had been quickly provided by different people of the first team squad, where he insisted they’d often been pleased to decrease the pay of theirs to be able to assist the club and the staff members of theirs during the nationwide lockdown, with La Liga under long suspension while Spain tries to stop the spread of Covid-19.
The message accused those in control of Barca of putting the players under unfair ph levels of scrutiny while negotiations over wage cuts continued.
Bartomeu added: “Perhaps [the players] are disappointed by things said by folks inside and also outside of the club, who don’t have all of the info.
“But the negotiations had been performed just by Oscar Grau as well as me so we haven’t reported anything.”
La Liga is now suspended indefinitely as the coronavirus pandemic sweeps through Spain, with the nation suffering 7,716 deaths and 87,596 folks currently experiencing the illness.
With Spain nevertheless inside a state of crisis because the federal government tries to curtail the spread of Covid 19, The Spanish and la Liga Football Federation (RFEF) have agreed professional football is only going to go back once the authorities believe it poses absolutely no potential risk to public health.
“The RFEF and La Liga believe the suspension of professional soccer tournaments up until the skilled authorities of the federal government of Spain and also the normal state administration think about that they are able to be resumed which doesn’t present some threat to health,” an RFEF statement read.
“Both the RFEF and La Liga would like showing their best public appreciation to each of individuals that are devoting their very best attempts to give services that are important to Spaniards, and we too want to show our determined remembrance for all of the deceased along with a warm embrace from the realm of soccer for those households which are losing loved ones.”